‘Master Rolex’ is the result of the decennial experience of Guido Mondani, one of the leading figures in the World of Rolex, and his daughter Giorgia Mondani, digital entrepreneur very established in the luxury watch market and a worldwide influencer: together they made the most important work on Rolex ever made. Limited edition of only 1000 pieces, ‘Master Rolex’ is a detailed collection on Rolex watches that broke records in international auctions, for example:
- Rolex Daytona ‘Paul Newman’ ref. 6239 belonged to Paul Newman and sold in October 2017 at Phillips for 17,75 million dollars.
- Rolex GMT-Master ref. 1675 worn by Marlon Brando in the film of 1979 “Apocalypse Now” sold in December 2019 for 1.952.000 dollars.
- Rolex Daytona “Paul Newman”ref. 6263 belonged to Paul Newman and sold from Phillips in December 2020 for 5.475.000 dollars.
- Rolex Moon Phases ref. 6062 belonged to the Vietnam Imperator Bao-Dai, sold in May 2017 for 5.066.000 Swiss Francs.
- Rolex Daytona ref. 6270 sold in May 2014 from Christie’s for 905.000 Swiss Francs
- Rolex Day-Date coral dial ref. 18239 sold from Meeting Art in April 2022 for 380’000 euros
- And many more
Moreover, the new book ‘Master Rolex’ shows and describes not only the rarest timepieces from the Maison, but also the most important watches of modern and vintage era. Specifically, it travels through history of preeminent figure of watchmaking: watches that led men through great challenges, watches that featured great innovations, watches that influenced fashion and world trends for example very famous Rolex also known as “Pepsi”, “Hulk”, “Kermit”, “Sprite”, “Batman”, “Cerachrom”, “Rootbeer”, “Meteorite” and many more.
Also, to be find in the book:
- Laquered dial
- GMT-Master e GMT-Master II
- Deep Sea Special
- “Tiffany & Co”
- “Patent Pending”
- 50° Anniversary
- DeepSea Challenge “50 mm” in titanium
This book is a lovely reading for watch lovers, but also a useful guide to get through the world of Rolex, both modern and vintage, with the purpose of collecting, investing, buying and selling.